Thursday, December 16, 2010

Santa 2010

I took Emma Claire and Arnold to Macy's 8th floor "A Day in the Life of an Elf" yesterday. I have been trying to get Emma Claire excited (at least not afraid) to see Santa for some time now. She enjoyed the display, but kept asking "Is Santa here?". Poor Emma Claire has lots of Santa anxiety. So, I didn't force the issue and Emma Claire chose NOT to sit on (or get near) Santa's lap. (anyone remember last year?... (on right))
Arnold didn't seem to mind the big guy (as you can see). Emma Claire stood in a corner of the room (as far away as she could get without leaving the room). She did, however, tell me to make sure I told Santa that she wanted "a pink necklace and a pink bracelet" (which I did). She panicked when we left the room, afraid that I didn't get that message to him.

Maybe next year...

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Emily,
We definitely know all about the Santa anxiety! He visited Noelle's preschool the beginning of December and she screamed from across the room and would not go near him! She said she wanted her presents from the store, not from Santa! :) Merry Christmas!