My 6th winter here and I have learned that things rarely stop because of snow - even when there is a lot if it. People still go to work, grocery stores still have bread and eggs on the shelves, roads and sidewalks are plowed - people (or crazies like Whitney and I) even still get out for 5am runs. However, what happened yesterday was a little different. It was like nothing I have ever seen. It just kept snowing and snowing and snowing. 17 inches and 4 shoveling sessions (compliments of Brad - I bet he spent 4-5 hours out there shoveling - super husband, in my opinion - The photo of him shoveling at top was round 1. By the time he finished, there was at least 2 more inches on the driveway), it stopped. Everything seemed to come to a halt. The metro transit system even shut down. Sil-Pro Christmas party cancelled (along with seemingly every other event in the cities). That just doesn't happen often around here.

I am thankful I didn't need to get anywhere. Have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the day from the comfort of my warm home (for which I am also very thankful) with family in jammies all day. We watched Christmas movies on the couch and baked cookies as we watched the snow pile up to the point that the snow banks were at the height of the kitchen window-
what could be better than that?
NOW we are looking at a few days of MAYBE getting to a high of 0.
(Photo of the "Boat Ride" we went on in Emma Claire's rocker)
No comments:
Post a Comment