At last, shell on top of the wagon, kids - check, dogs - check (I actually did double check to make sure we had loaded the dogs). Headed South.
Emma Claire has been ready to go to Alabama since she woke up this morning. She got a new suitcase from santa's Minnesota drop off and was thrilled to pack it.
Since we started our trek at 7:15 tonight (one hour ago) she has asked multiple times "where is Alabama" - far, Emma Claire. As we drove out of the neighborhood, she pointed to each house, saying "that's not Alabama". She also said "I bet Rowie will have fishes"!
Arnold screamed for the first hour. Finally, both kids are sound asleep. Emma Claire said "I am so cozy, mama". Arnold looks pretty cozy, too, despite his objection to the situation at first. Sophie and Rudy, too, - cozy.
Listening to our book on CD, although I am going to get some sleep.
1 comment:
We might have to coordinate a trip south some year. We could take the RV and drop y'all in Alabama on our way to TX.
Post a Comment