Dr. Herring starts poking and prodding again. I NEVER watch or really know (or want to know) what is going on down there. I hear the nurse ask Brad if he needs water or needs to sit down. "No, I think I'm OK", he says. A couple of minutes pass... "I think I need to sit down". I take a look at Brad - white as a sheet and sweaty (the same way I have been feeling this whole time). "Maybe my dad should do this, he suggests". Fine by me. They send us home with all the necessary supplies.
Ultimately, Rick (retired OB-Gyn) comes by on Saturday to help and Brad is able to do it himself - and I able to tolerate it without incident. Emma Claire pulls up her stepstool and watches the whole thing as she holds my hand "I don't touch", she says. She also relives the initial experience of the incision opening up last week "It went pop".
Thank goodness for good help.
1 comment:
OMG Emily. Have you considered enlisting our neighborhood nurses? I know there are three who would be there to help you in a heartbeat.
Post a Comment