The big day has come and gone. I have been quite reminiscent over the past week. This time last year, I was..., Emma Claire was...
I was up (for our Saturday run) the moment Emma Claire was born a year ago (4:20 am). I reflected on the exact moment we saw her. Where did the year go?
The party and the whole birthday process was a blast. What better day for a little girl to have a birthday. Lots of red and pink and hearts. Complete with red velvet cupcakes. The whole Kadue clan was there, including Rowie and Opa along with Marissa/Jonah and Suzanne/Addie. Rick and Diane were gracious to offer up their home for the event (still "a couple weeks away" from being back home...which I have been saying for a few weeks, now).
Lots of activity. Lots of children. Lots of fun. Emma Claire gingerly went for the cupcake, then managed to eat most of it. She was completely happy all afternoon, enjoying the activity.
The gift opening was complete chaos, as all of the cousins assisted Emma Claire with the unwrapping (the shopping cart was the big hit). I can't imagine a better first birthday or Valentine's Day, shared with family and friends.
...A great weekend and amazing year of Emma Claire. (I will post photos as soon as I can get to Caribou and Wi-Fi!)
A side note... Emma Claire took 4 step for her grandparents on Friday night.
Photos!...
http://cmd.shutterfly.com/commands/pictures/slideshow?site=eckadue&page=eckadue&album=910
1 comment:
Happy 1st b-day, EC! Wow, exciting...where did the year go?
Tell EC that I love red velvet cupcakes too!
Post a Comment