We are starting to get busy as we get closer to the holiday season. Lots going on. Emma Claire just gets more active and develops more personality by the day. She is starting to make these faces...hard to explain, but she squints and crunches her nose and breathes heavily through her nose. It is pretty funny. Her teacher at school called her "Emma the explorer" and says she loves being all over the room. She likes to stand at the gate and shake it.
She loves her cheerios and gets excited when the box comes out. I think she is managing to actually get some down now. Either that, or she is feeding them to Sophie (which she has discovered is quite fun).
Our Wednesday was good. It started off with a covering of snow. It melted later in the day, but was pretty this morning. Whitney and I did our usual morning run with the dogs. We are really starting to need winter gear. The next thing on the list to buy are running cleats for my shoes. It wasn't too slippery this morning, though. I think the dogs feet got cold. Do they need booties, too? Brad thinks I am crazy for making the suggestion, but their little paws must get cold in the snow and ice. Rudy was especially put off this morning by having to get his paws cold and wet. They love the runs, though. Sophie was especially giddy running in the snow today. She pranced through the snow with her head bobbing. The 3 dogs do best when they jog in what we call "oreo" formation (Sophie-Rudy-Peggy...black dog-white dog-black dog). Funny how they have gotten used to the routine. Sophie and Rudy got in a tiff on the run. I think Rudy was grouchy about his wet paws.
We did our usual ECFE today. The talk was about environmental awareness and things we can do to reduce (then reuse, recycle). I am recommitting myself to reducing, which Brad had always been good at. Emma Claire had a lot to say during class and did not sit still for more than a few seconds.
Emma Claire and I took the dogs to the vet this afternoon (whom we seem to frequent). She enjoyed the outing and we all managed to make it there and back without any casualties!
Lastly, tonight was WaterBabies. We were glad to be back. Brad went with. It was good to see Jonah, as it has been a couple of weeks. Sounds like he is near walking. He sure is growing. Emma Claire was kicking with her feet and splashing and reaching with her arms in the water tonight. It is nice to have Brad with us. He and Harrison have swim duty next week, while Marissa and I go to our mommy dinner.
On a sad note, Brad's new bike was stolen today. He has been riding it to PAI when he works downtown. He has had it only a couple of months and it just what he wanted in a bike. I guess someone cut the bike lock and took off with it this afternoon. So sad. I think he plans to replace it, but with a much less fancy model.
Lots going on at the Kadue household and we look forward to a busy weekend. We'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment