Friday, January 9, 2009

Wal Mart Baby

Tuesday, December 30:
For those of you that don't know what a Wal Mart baby is, you maybe have never been to a Wal Mart (or Piggly Wiggly or other) in the sweltering South in the middle of Summer. My brother in law Jason introduced us to this term. A Wal Mart baby is one running around in diapers only. No socks, no shirt, no nothing else. This is not an uncommon sight to see in the South in the Summer, for obvious reasons, especially in Wal Mart (no offense Wal Mart lovers...:-).
So, this brings me to a funny story.
En route back to Red Bay, almost home and we smell the diaper. Emma Claire is particularly bothered by this one, so we pull of on the wide shoulder of an exit ramp on HWY 78 near Hamilton. As soon as I took a look at Emma Claire in her carseat, I called Brad for backup. Not a sight (or smell) for the weak stomach, this one (keep in mind Brad has been throwing up all day from the stomach bug).
So, here we are, on the side of the highway in Alabama. Brad is holding Emma Claire up and I am stripping her down, all the while making her messier. (Thank goodness it was warm outside). Emma Claire is in her birthday suit and I wipe her down. New diaper on...Wal Mart baby the rest of the drive home. Everyone survived.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Gary and I never understood how it could get all the way down into the footies AND up the back of the neck.

Bonnie said...

cute story! although, i'm sure it wasn't too funny at the time!