Friday, January 23, 2009

Broadband Withdrawl

Apologies for neglecting my blog in the New Year. Emma Claire and I are cozy at Grandma Marjorie's while Brad (and the dogs) hold down the fort at the homefront.
The good news is that they put in insulation and are nearly finished with the sheetrock (so it is finally warmer in the house than it is outdoors). The not as good news...this thing just keeps growing. The good news again...if we can make it through this, it is going to be beautiful. I will post photos as soon as I can get my act together. The not as good news, again, ...limited high speed internet access.
This is the one drawback to staying at Marjorie's. She does have internet access, but it is the kind that says "you've got mail" when you log on. You type in a web address and go out to lunch and come back to find that the page is still loading. OK, maybe this is an exaggeration. We are so spoiled these days. What did we, as a society, do before broadband?
Anyway, hope to be back in the house and "connected" again before too long. I will soon get the blog back on track.

As for Emma Claire, the big B day is quickly approaching. She is, I think, days away from taking steps. She is standing independently for seconds at a time. It is fun to watch her play. She actually plays now...with toys, with friends, with mom and dad. Her current favorite is peek-a-boo. She stacked 2 blocks yesterday (brilliant!). She pats her tummy when asked "where's Emma Claire's belly" (also brilliant!) and laughs hysterically at her dad. She has been waking at night (I think it is teething?...) and/or at 5 am. Just when you think you have it down...

It is still COLD here, but looks like a balmy 32 on Saturday...

No comments: