Friday, January 9, 2009

Home Sweet Disaster Home

Friday, January 2, 2009 (2am) we arrive back to Radisson Road to find our house a disaster from the demo, which was started while we were away. We are thrilled to have finally started our kitchen remodel, after 2 years of planning, so can't complain. I knew it would be messy, but I guess I didn't realize the extent of the dust until I saw it.
Now, we had planned on living at the house through the whole thing...not sure what we were thinking. No way with Emma Claire. So, our solution...Emma Claire and I move in with Marjorie (who is gracious to have us) and Brad stays at home with the dogs (taking one for the team!...thanks, Brad).
At the end of the first week of the arrangement, things are going well.
The dogs, I think, are surviving. Rudy is probably traumitized from all of the activity and noise. He will probably need some sort of expensive therapy or medication when all is said and done. Sophie is just happy to be here. Thank you to Peggy for having the dogs over on Thursday and Friday! (http://thebickersonsblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/see-how-much-fun-we-have.html).
Emma Claire and I are comfortable at Marjories. She has a full basement. It is like an apartment with a couple of rooms, a microwave, fridge, sink, etc. Heated floors! In fact, we may not leave (just kidding!). She has cooked for us and always offers us ice cream after supper (and how can you turn that down!). So, I am probably going to gain 10# before I move back home.
Going running today with Whitney and the pups...

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I will see your 10 lbs and raise you 20.

SO glad to be back running.

Bonnie said...

Emma Claire,
Thanks for the wooden walking ducks that you gave me for Christmas! I am having so much fun pushing them around on the floor and can't wait until I am walking so that I can pull them behind me! I had so much fun playing with you while you were at my house visiting! See you in May!
Love,
Noelle