Thursday, December 18, 2008

Target

I was home with Emma Claire yesterday and our only outing all day was a Target trip. Target, at the right time of day, is a favorite errand. Only problem is you usually end up with double the amount that was on your list to begin with (for me, anyway!).
Emma Claire bundled up in her new pink snowsuit. Usually she enjoys Target, too. What could be better than riding in the buggy and seeing all of the people and things there. Today was different. She lasted about 10 minutes in the buggy and would only be held after that. So, that is what I did. Held Emma Claire in her puffy, hard to get traction, snowsuit and pushed the red buggy around Target. It was all fine and good until we got to the check out line. I needed her to sit in the buggy again. She screamed. I gave her the beloved maraca (which is always good for entertainment in a crunch). Next thing I knew, the maraca was across the aisle...she threw that thing with some force. Was not expecting such a reaction from my sweet Emma Claire. Isn't it too early for that sort of thing?
Anyway, the rest of the day was great. Emma Claire is into dropping (and I guess throwing) things now to see what happens. She plays peek-a-boo with a book or the shower curtain. She was climbing all over Sophie and sharing and whacking her in the face with Pat the Bunny (which Sophie took to mean that Pat the Bunny now belonged to her).
So, Emma Claire is increasingly communicating and interacting and letting us know what she wants (or more what she doesn't want!).

No comments: