Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finger Paint

I often wonder if I am doing enough "fun/constructive" things with Emma Claire at home. I mean, I give her a lot of attention and we go lots of places and stay busy, but when we are home, it is mostly playing on the floor with toys or reading or the occasional Mr. Rogers Neighborhood on PBS (mostly for my enjoyment at this point). We did a lot of outdoor play before the weather got too cold. I have never thought really to finger paint or play with play dough or anything like that at home yet. This is why she loves daycare and is likely pretty bored on the days she is home. Thank goodness for the dogs. They are an endless source of laughs and entertainment.
I picked up Emma Claire from school Tuesday and she was red and blue (how is that for Ole Miss spirit!). She had painted, among other fun activities, that day. When I walked into the room, she had her head on the floor with bottom up in the air. Either down dog or prepping for a forward roll. Not sure which one.
Emma Claire's latest is LOTS of hugs. She loves to hug and be hugged. She also likes to crawl around with things in her mouth (looks like she is learning from Sophie and Rudy). Most recently, she carries a sock or pair of socks around in her mouth.
Both Emma Claire and I are under the weather. She is getting better though while I just came down with her cold. She hacked and hacked in her room last night to the point that she was not able to fall back asleep. So, we figured our options were to walk or rock her and or bring her to bed with up. We opted for the latter, which turned out to be a good choice. She did not cough at all and slept through the night between us. It was actually very sweet and cozy. She did sleep with us until almost 5 months old. I miss that at times, but for sure don't want to make it a habit again!
Our day was spent at home. We did not get out once. Emma Claire's 3 hour nap went into ECFE time, so we did not go. Skipped swimming, to because of the colds. It is just nice to be at home together.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I just read your post and I know what you mean (about doing enough constructive/fun stuff). I often wonder that too. I often feel like Noelle is bored, but I think they like the repetitive things since they are learning so much all at once. I'm sure you are doing a great job! I just wanted you to know that you aren't the only one who feels this way! When I read it, it made me feel better, so I wanted you to feel better too!