Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Regression

I have been bragging on Arnold for being a superstar sleeper for the past week. We had one 12 hour stretch last week followed by a 10 hour night.

Well... One thing I have learned about parenting (and life, for that matter) is the only consistency is change. Arnold has decided to wake up and be wide awake from 2-3:30 am for the past two nights. He is happy, smiling and content so long as he is being held and walked. As soon as he I sit or put him down, it is over. Finally he can't stay awake anymore and I am able to put him down.

Naturally, it happens on the nights I need to at least be minimally mentally on my game and be into work the next day. But, that is part of the deal, right? Can't complain. We are pretty lucky. I just feel the need to explain why I look like (at least feel like) I have been hit by a truck :-) today.



No comments: