Saturday, January 22, 2011

Little Gym Awards Ceremony

Emma Claire has been going to classes at Little Gym since before she was able to walk. Up to this point, they have been parent/child classes. That is "our thing". Arnold usually goes to school on Fridays and Emma Claire and I have a "mommy day", starting off with our gymnastics time.

Yesterday was the end of the semester and the "Awards Ceremony". Next week is a big transition (for me, at least). Emma Claire will be starting "Funny Bugs" class, an hour long class - without parents. What just happened - where did that time go? Is she possibly grown up enough to take a CLASS without my participation? I was a little emotional about it. However, I am super excited to sit out in the lobby with the other moms, visit and watch Emma Claire learn. She is definitely ready. In fact, if I try to help her with a skill in class, she swats me away and says "no, no, no, I want Traci to help me".





No comments: