Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey Day 2010

We had Thanksgiving Day this year at Elissa and Adrian's, since we did it at our place last year.
The tradition has become that everyone bring a "traditional" dish or two. I made mom's cheese grits (that never turn out as good as when she makes them), mom's broccoli casserole (same as the grits - just doesn't taste the same), green bean casserole and turkey. This was my first attempt at a turkey. I found a Southern Living recipe that I could follow, studied it for a few days, to make sure I wasn't missing anything and dove in on Thursday morning. All said and done - it turned out really well, much to my relief!
We went over to Elissa's early afternoon (after the big parade was over, of course) to help cook and for the kids to play. Emma Claire and Quinn are peas in a pod. They started playing before lunch at our house and moved the party over to Quinn's. They spent most of the day in dress up mode and didn't stop until it was time to leave after dinner.
Rick, Diane and Marjorie (with candied sweet potatoes, pumpkin and pecan pies in tow) joined us. We had a very happy Thanksgiving.



Click here to view these pictures larger

No comments: