Emma Claire is "officially" no longer a "Rubber Ducky" (aka - Transition Room). She is moving up to the "big kids" (preschool - Dinosaurs - Emma Claire voted for the mascot to be a pony, but was in the minority, apparently) room after Labor Day. How can just across the hall seem like such a big step? I don't think I will ever be ready for kindergarten. She, however, is excited about playing on the big kids playground with swings (and a tire swing). She and 9 of her classmates, along with one teacher, are moving together. I joined The Rubber Duckies yesterday for a picnic lunch, to celebrate the last day. I am endlessly amazed the control those teachers have over 14 energetic toddlers. They stand in lines, they listen, they wait until after their prayer to open their lunch boxes, they put their plates in the sink when finished... Emma Claire set her pudding aside until she finished her lunch - WITHOUT BEING TOLD 8 times that she has to eat a good lunch first! How is that possible? Tami and Andrea (and everyone at Calvary, for that matter) are special people.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Movin' on Up
Emma Claire is "officially" no longer a "Rubber Ducky" (aka - Transition Room). She is moving up to the "big kids" (preschool - Dinosaurs - Emma Claire voted for the mascot to be a pony, but was in the minority, apparently) room after Labor Day. How can just across the hall seem like such a big step? I don't think I will ever be ready for kindergarten. She, however, is excited about playing on the big kids playground with swings (and a tire swing). She and 9 of her classmates, along with one teacher, are moving together. I joined The Rubber Duckies yesterday for a picnic lunch, to celebrate the last day. I am endlessly amazed the control those teachers have over 14 energetic toddlers. They stand in lines, they listen, they wait until after their prayer to open their lunch boxes, they put their plates in the sink when finished... Emma Claire set her pudding aside until she finished her lunch - WITHOUT BEING TOLD 8 times that she has to eat a good lunch first! How is that possible? Tami and Andrea (and everyone at Calvary, for that matter) are special people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment