Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Emma Claire LOVES the Hospital

Emma Claire has not missed a beat during this hospital stay. She has loved visiting the hospital. Her favorite thing (aside from McDonald's, of course) is stopping by to see the new babies in the nursery.
Let me tell you, though, the combination of medical equipment with lots of buttons + IV lines + tubes and such and a 2 year old may be a recipe for disaster. "What's that", I heard from Emma Claire probably 1000 times during her visits. She wanted to push buttons, pull on lines, hang from the towel bar in the bathroom, etc - all in the confines of a very small room.
I am so thankful that Emma Claire has not had a traumatic experience during all of this. This was the first time I had been away from her for a night. She has been well-adjusted and happy, thanks to the help from the Knauffs that first critical night, Brad, Rowie and Opa and our friends at Calvary. Now I feel confident that everything will be OK when I am away for her baby brother's birth.

No comments: