I checked out this book from the library yesterday, upon recommendation from the Dad in my ECFE class this past Spring. I need some good solid guidance as Emma Claire needs are changing and as the challenges evolve. Most recently, my questions relate to behavior and discipline (are we really getting to that point in toddler hood?). I figure Mister Rogers would be a good place to start. Can't go wrong with him, right?I started reading it this morning. Most of my reading is done on the elliptical at 5am these days, so I will plug away at it. After only a chapter, I can tell it is a parenting book that I am going to love. As I read the sentences, I hear Mister Rogers himself narrating in my imagination.
A paragraph that I thought was worth sharing:
"Often being a parent forces us to know ourselves better than we ever might have imagined. We're bound to discover some surprising thoughts and feelings inside ourselves, even talents we never dreamed we had. As time goes on, most of us discover that we have more to give and are actually able to give more than we ever imagined"
I will keep you posted on what I am learning from Mister Rogers.
3 comments:
Hi Emily! How are you? I happened to find your blog from a friend's blog (small world) and thought I'd say hello! Emma Claire is a doll. She and Molly Kate are almost the same age. MK will be 18 months tomorrow on the 20th. Aren't girls so much fun?!
I also have a blog and enjoy blogging so much. It is a great way for me to keep all of our friends and family updated on MK. I spend way too much time reading all of my friends blogs. Feel free to visit our blog at www.thedailyskup.blogspot.com
Tell Brad hello for us! We are getting excited about football season this year. We try to make 1 or 2 Ole Miss games a year. Hopefully the Rebels will be as good as they are predicted to be! Take care,
Katie Skupien
Love Mr. Rogers.
Hi Emily! Saw your post about the parenting issues arising as EC gets older. I am having the same issues with Noelle and also purchased a toddler book. Mine is called Positive Discipline: the first three years. I'll let you know how it goes. I have read about the first 4 chapters, but have yet to get to the behavior issues, which is what I really need! I didn't see the Mr Rogers book, but am interested to hear what you think about it. May have to get it too!!!
Post a Comment